The story of Hopehill began in 1869 when the first congregation built a church at the cemetery on Park Mills Road just a few streets over. Some years later that building was torn down and the congregation moved into a school house.

In 1910 the current location, on top of the hill, was purchased for a simple $10 and the current building was built, and it is still standing today and used for services.